Custom Search

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

2 Year Anniversary

As luck would have it, all my anniversaries fall at the same time. I graduated with my masters degreee 2 years ago on December 1st, 2008, got married 2 years ago on December 20th, 2008, and today, Janaury 26th, marks my 2 year anniversary working at my agency as a Marriage and Family therapist Intern. And next month my husband and I will celebrate our 1 year anniversary of owning our own home, one of those unexpected blessings we never thought we could acheive so early in our marriage but due to the economic downturn and the government's incentive programs, we did.

As I look back on the last 2 years, I am aware that 2 years is the limit to any profession I have ever had. My previous job, teaching ESL to adults for the local adult school, was 2 years, the radio station before that was a year and a half, and so on. I find myself growing restless for change, restless for a new challenge, but still struggling to juggle the responsibilities inherent in my current situation. How I can be bored and too busy is a mystery to me, but there it is.

  So I am looking forward to some new challenges in my life this year. Lord willing I will have my hours by the summer time and be applying for licensure. Lord willing I will be taking my tests toward licensure shortly afterwards and then I will be able to practice without supervision (which is a scary thought! Supervision is awesome!) and go any which way without hindrance. The training wheels will come off and I will be an MFT, free and clear, at 28 or 29.  A pretty cool goal to accomplish before 30, really.

So although I am staying in the same place, I am actually moving forward in the right direction, faster than I realize. I also hope the next year will net some other opportunities to use my public speaking skills and singing talents.

So here is to year 3 as an MFT-Intern- may I be well on my way to licensure a year from now, and looking forward to a bright future.

2 comments:

  1. Anniversaries are both exciting and kind of sad. It's exciting to remember where you've come from and count your blessings, but it's sad when you think of how hard things have been or how time has somehow passed again without you realizing. I hope your marriage has been happy. I know your job has been really hard, but I also know that you are already an incredible therapist and that you will continue to get better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks:). Its wierd to think of all that has changed, but also all that has stayed the same. My marriage has been very happy, and work is what it is. Thank you for your nice comments:). I am looking forward to catching up with you and mom on Saturday!!! Woohoo for belated birthday lunch!

    ReplyDelete