Custom Search

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blessings

                  Sometimes answers from God take time, and sometimes they are immediate. It has been amazing to experience Him showing me kindness over the last few days through the people in my life. First, before I heard about the change at work, I went to a wonderful lunch on Saturday with my mom and my sister and got to unload some of the worries I have been carrying around. Then, we had a success with the youth on Sunday night which was a morale boost. After I found out on Monday, my close friend who knew exactly how I felt comforted me and helped me feel better. That night, my husband came home with flowers, chocolate, and dinner, and let me take a nice relaxing bath. Then yesterday I met with my supervisor who talked me through it, my dad and my brother took me out to lunch and the ladies at my Bible Study (who did not know about the change) gave me a present and  a lovely card just for spending time with them (something which is not a sacrifice at all!). All of these were reminders of God's support in my life and that He will never leave or forsake me, even when work is scary. I prayed He would help me stand up under the pressure and He immediately reminded me of all the people He placed in my life to help me along the way.

So thank you, Lord:). I am reminded that no matter which valley I am walking through, You are there with me.

Psalm 23



1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.


2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.


3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness


For His name’s sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,


I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;


You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.


6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life;

And I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment