Custom Search

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sweating the Small Stuff

Everyday, I have a finite amount of energy to give. Some days I have more than others, but it is definitely limited. So, I have to spend my energy the way I have to spend my money- use it on what's needed first, and even save a little in reserves in case something big comes up. My superviser has been talking to me about letting frustrations go so they don't use up my energy. I never used to be a frustrated person; I saw myself as laid back and rarely bothered by others unless they were personally attacking me. Now, however, there is a lot more stress in the background of my life, lurking and waiting to turn into frustration towards the people around me over trivial, paperwork things. I end up taxing myself emotionally in these battles against my own emotional attitude, using up the precious resources of my daily energy. So I am trying to learn to allow myself to experience irritation, and then let it go without letting it use up all I have to face the day. I am listening to my music, hearing my fountain trickle, and trying to breathe deep and take it easy as I do my work. So far, so good.



What about you? How do you keep from sweating "the small stuff" that threatens to steal your joy and endanger your working relationships?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your wonderful advice on my blog!!! :o) I do sweat the small stuff, but then I'm constantly reminding myself not to as it's not worth it, so I think regarding the small stuff life is pretty balanced. :o)

    ReplyDelete